Applications are now open.
The Outstanding High School Senior Awards program is a technology scholarship program designed to recognize outstanding high school seniors in good standing in the AFRP Family for their contributions to their schools and local communities. Outstanding High School Seniors will be named based on community service activities, leadership skills and an essay describing the importance of leadership and community service. Outstanding High School Senior winners will be awarded as follows:
Two 1st prizes: $1,000 Apple gift card
2nd and 3rd prize: $500 Apple gift card
To qualify to be considered for this special recognition, students must meet the following:
- Attend a high school as a senior in good standing
- Applicants must have a minimum of a 3.5 GPA
- Demonstrate leadership abilities in school activities and/or within the community
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to community service involvement
- In addition to the completed application form, applicants must include a typed minimum 500-word essay describing the importance of leadership and community service
A completed application includes the application form, a copy of official school transcripts, a minimum 500-word essay describing the importance of leadership and community service, a letter of recommendation from the school (teacher/guidance counselor) on official school letterhead, and a letter of verification/recommendation from an organization where the student has volunteered, also on letterhead.
Applications must be submitted by May 31, 2023.
APPLICATION MATERIALS SHOULD BE EMAILED TO: KATHY HARB – ADMIN@AFRP.ORG
*Please note materials submitted with application will not be returned and that all applicant families must be Federation members of good standing.*