The Magazine of the Ramallah Community
Serving the Ramallah community since 1952
Hathihe Ramallah Magazine was founded in 1952, by a group of Ramallah students attending Wayne State University in Detroit. It is a non-profit magazine published bi-monthly by the Staff. The Magazine is dedicated to the service of our Federation, Clubs, Ramallah institutions, and communities in the U.S.A., Palestine and other countries.
History of Hathihe Ramallah magazine
BY SALAH SALAH
In September 1952, six young men from the Ramallah community in Detroit, studying at Wayne State University, met for the purpose of creating and publishing a magazine. This magazine was intended to be a link between the many Ramallah communities in the United States and with their town of Ramallah, Palestine. It was named Hathihe Ramallah (This is Ramallah). It started as 12 pages in Arabic, with a circulation of 500 copies. Now, 62 years later, it is published in full color, on rich, glossy paper, with 28 pages in English and 8 in Arabic and a circulation of over 5000 copies. During its first ten years of publication, the Magazine initiated, supported and completed many projects that had a huge impact on the greater Ramallah community in the United States and Ramallah. Those projects helped unite, strengthen and establish the Ramallah Community as the most visible and active Palestinian community in the United States.
For more information on the Hathihe Ramallah Magazine, please contact:
PO Box 531244
Livonia, MI 48153
Phone/Fax (248) 433-1287
contact the Federation Office by email or at (734) 425-1600