At the conclusion of the 62nd Annual American Federation of Ramallah, Palestine convention, the Board of Directors and the General Assembly hereby resolve:
- To congratulate the members of the Ramallah American Club of Jacksonville for their efforts in coordinating and planning the successful convention, and its events including educational symposiums, professional networking and social gatherings that promote our culture and traditions.
- To strengthen the ties of the Ramallah family through their Federation and to empower our community culturally, politically and economically.
- To call for an end to the Israeli occupation of Palestinian land and in supporting peace, justice and equality for the Palestinian people. Furthermore, we look forward to the creation of a fully independent Palestinian state with East Jerusalem as its capital and the right of all refugees and all displaced people to return to their homes.
- To condemn all acts of violations of human rights everywhere. We affirm our right to boycott. We uphold our rights to peacefully demonstrate, to practice our freedom of speech and to participate in the democratic process.
- To call upon the Palestinian Authority to adhere to the Democratic principles of governance, including conducting free and transparent elections.
- To call upon the Palestinian Authority to conduct a transparent and thorough investigation of the killing of Nizar Banat, and to bring those responsible for this tragic killing to justice.
- To continue our efforts to educate the American public—the Biden Administration and members of congress—about the plight of the Palestinian people and their inalienable rights for freedom and liberty in their own land.
- To applaud the efforts of those members of congress who have courageously endorsed the call for freedom, justice and equality in Palestine. In particular, Congresswoman Betty McCollum (D-MN) for introducing the historic legislation defending the human rights of Palestinian children and families living under Israeli military occupation.
Finally, we look forward to our 63rd Annual American Federation of Ramallah, Palestine
convention in Detroit, MI, June 29-July 3, 2022.